The Nutrition Knowledge Base is a subset of the proven knowledge base that is behind the Nutritionist Pro™ nutrition analysis software. Our staff of registered dietitians works continuously on the food database and strives to provide the most accurate nutrition information in the industry.
The flexible structure of the database allows for easy integration into any custom software application.
License our database to:
- Create custom student applications to be bundled with various textbooks.
- Build consumer websites that can provide up to date nutrition data on over 75,000 foods.
- Build internal food service applications for recipe analysis and food label creation.
- And more…
Key features include:
- Over 75,000 foods, recipes and ingredients.
- Exclusive Asian Indian database in addition to USDA , CNF and more.
- Preparation yields and nutrient retention factors to enable accurate recipe analysis
- Foods are assigned diabetic exchanges, My Pyramid, and My Plate servings using our proprietary algorithms.
- Food Category--Each food item and recipe is put into a specific food category to ease food search. Examples of categories include Baked Product/Cookie, Meat/Beef, Poultry/Chicken, and Combination Food/Dish/Poultry.
- Portion--Includes the “typical” portion and gram weight for each food. Also includes a cup gram weight for volume conversion.
- Food Nutrients--Includes over 90 nutrients for each food with calculations based on typical portions.
- Nutrient Goals--Eighty-nine standard sets of nutrient goals are included for a variety of ages and genders including the DRI and Recommended Dietary Allowances or RDAs. Daily Value goals as seen on Nutrition Facts labels are also included. Each goal contains a set of 90 nutrient values which can be used as a means of comparison in a diet or recipe analysis.
Some of our clients using the database are
- Large pharmaceutical companies
- Popular consumer diets and websites
- Publishing houses for custom applications and textbooks
- Exercise and fitness driven organizations.
- And more…..
Feel free to contact us at 1-800-709-2799 or email@example.com for more information.
A brochure is also available for additional information.